[Zope] Reloading a page.

Curtis Maloney curtis@cardgate.net
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:54:11 +1100

On Fri,  9 Mar 2001 00:22, Daniel Corr=EAa de Azevedo wrote:
> Whatz up, guys?
>
> 	Well, I=B4m having problems in reloading a page that shows information
> contained in a table of a database.
> 	The problem is that whenever I include some data in the database at
> another page it send=B4s me back to that page that shows information, i=
> doens=B4t show the update, but a cached page. I=B4m using the IE 5.0 an=
d I
> haven=B4t figured out how to reload it every time without changing the
> configuration of the browser.
> 	I=B4ve tryed the same code that I=B4m using in IE 5.0  in IE 5.5  and
> this problem doens=B4t happen.
> 	Hope that you all could give me some help.
> 	Thank=B4s,

It's almost certainly your browser.  IE seems to come default configured =
to=20
only check for new pages once persession, or sometimes "never" (or until =
the=20
item is flushed from the cache).

Under Netscape, you could simply hold Shift whilst you pressed reload, wh=
ich=20
would bypass it's internal cache.  However, just recently on this list th=
ere=20
were two server side 'solutions' to this problem.

One involved a META tag, which, imho, is a poor move when there is a=20
perfectly good HTTP header line to use.

=3D> Tino Wildenhain wrote:
=3D> I recommend <dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('pragma','no-cache')">
=3D> <dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Expires',_.DateTime().rfc822()">

These headers should mean that nothing caches your pages.  Not your brows=
er=20
or any proxies along the way.  Another option is to just use the "Expires=
"=20
line, and set it to 10seconds or so into the future...

> 						Daniel C. Azevedo

Have a better one,
	Curtis Maloney