[Zope] zope for intranet?

Erik Hjelmås erikh@hig.no
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 21:32:42 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

forgive me if this is inappropriate (since I've just joined the list and
briefly browsed the archive):

Im in a working group with the purpose of suggesting a solution for
intranet and internet for a college with 150 employees and 1500 students

we are primarely looking for the following functionality:

intranet:
- calender (outlook type thing)
- booking (meeting room, classroms, etc)
- news publishing
- sharing documents
- email program
- each employee should easily be able to manage his/her homepage and
course pages
- forms

internet:
- website search
- forms (online application forms)
+ some of the same features as the intranet

our current website is at www.hig.no and not very functional.

The rest of my group is focused on selecting a commercial solution,
which is very expensive, so Im trying to figure out if Zope, ezPublish or
some other open source system is worth looking in to. Unfortunately, I
dont have the time to download and try things out myself.

Any thoughts, ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

/Erik
veveve dått håige dått enno slæsj tilde erikhå
www.hig.no/~erikh