[Zope] How to Defeat Acquisition

Edmund Goppelt goppelt@goppelt.net
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 10:59:29 -0500

I'd like to create a generic index_html for those folders that I
haven't gotten around to creating a custom index_html.

So, create the default index_html in the root directory and let
acquisition do the heavy lifting, right?

But, suppose I want to handle the inbetween case where there's
custom text I'd like a folder to display, but not enough to justify
writing a custom index_html?

How can I get my generic index_html to display the contents of a DTML
method guts_html if it exists in a folder, *without* acquiring any
guts_html from parent folders?  How do I defeat acquisition and have
my generic index_html *only* look in the namespace of the folder it is
called on?

Here's the generic index_html I have in my root directory which
unfortunately acquires guts_html from folders higher up:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<h2><dtml-var title></h2>

<dtml-var folderlist>

<dtml-var "PARENTS[0].guts_html" missing="">

<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

--

Ed Goppelt