[Zope] Question about python binary with zope install

Gary Nielson gnielson@charlotte.infi.net
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:46:08 -0500 (EST)

I just installed zope 2.3.0 for Linux, from the tar file downloaded from
the Zope site. Went great. I noticed in the docs that a pre-compiled
binary of Python comes with the zope tarball in a bin subdir. Well, my
question is -- since I am new to python, have done a lot with perl -- the
binary that comes with zope is 1.5 megs, while I already have another
binary that came with my mandrake 7.2 system, same version, 1.5.2, in
/usr/bin. It is only 423k. Are there certain modules or whatever added to
the binary that comes with Zope that I need to use? Therefore, should I
replace the /usr/bin/python with the python binary that is in the Zope bin
dir? What effect would that have on my python installation? Could someones
shed some light on this for me? Any help much appreciated.

Gary