[Zope] ETA on Zope 2.3.1 (stable i.e.non beta)?

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:30:18 -0500

> > Is there an ETA on Zope 2.3.1 (stable i.e.non beta)?
>
> That is a VERY good question.
> It would be nice to release FreePM 1.0b on a stable 2.3.1 on
> 4/2/01. <hint><hint>
>
> (2.3.1 beta looks pretty good to me.)

Sorry - I should have made a point to keep the list up to
date on this.

The plan is to release a 2.3.1 b2 on Wednesday (Mar 12) and
probably one more beta a week or so after that, then a final.

The reason it has taken so long is that a lot (a LOT) of work
has been done on fixing outstanding problems with the Catalog,
and finishing up was delayed somewhat due to many of the folks
working on it attending Python 9. Some of the changes are
pretty deep, so we are taking the time necessary to make sure
that it is solid. Anyone using ZCatalog should feel a compelling
need to buy Chris McDonough and Andreas Jung a beer when they
see the sheer number of unit tests :)

So the short answer is: barring any major problems, I do expect
2.3.1 to be final by 4/2.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909