[Zope] problem with Zope and IE and ReportLab

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:20:07 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

not sure if the problem comes from ReportLab, in fact I'm almost sure it
doesn't. However I post it to both RL and Zope lists to be sure to have an
answer.

here's the problem:

With the help I've received yesterday from the RL list, I've managed to
create an external method which generates a PDF document with RL.

This external method, rpdf, is called from a DTML method which does
(exactly) the following:

--- CUT ---
<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', 'application/pdf')">
<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Disposition', 'attachment; filename=rapport.pdf')">
<dtml-var rpdf>
--- CUT ---

When viewed in Netscape 4.76 under Linux, all works fine, and a dialog box
opens, asking me to save the PDF file as "rapport.pdf", or if I've got
acroread installed as a plugin on the machine, automatically launches it
and all is fine and works flawlessly.

When viewed under Internet Explorer 5.0 under Windows NT 4 (sp5), the
dialog box opens but IE tells me it can't download the file.

Unfortunately I don't have Netscape under Windows installed to make more
tests.

Does someone see where the problem comes from ?

Thanks in advance.

Jerome Alet - alet@unice.fr - http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome
Fac de Medecine de Nice        http://wwwmed.unice.fr
Tel: (+33) 4 93 37 76 30     Fax: (+33) 4 93 53 15 15
28 Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - FRANCE