[Zope] FTP and nested ZClasses

John R. Daily jdaily@progeny.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:28:52 -0500

I'm running into problems with nested ZClasses and the FTP server in
2.3.0.

Most significant problem: if I have a ZClass defined within another
ZClass in a Product, I can't access the methods directory of the
nested ZClass. The FTP server returns a 550, "No such directory".
I've tried this with ange-ftp, lftp, and generic ftp. I haven't yet
reported it to the Collector, in hopes I'm just missing something
obvious.

Other annoyances:

What's up with the trailing space after nested class names?

Finally, why doesn't the FTP server recognize a renamed file as a
Python Script when it has ## Script (Python) "private_create_component"
at the top?

John R. Daily                                        jdaily@progeny.com
Systems Programmer                                Progeny Linux Systems
		  Master of the ephemeral epiphany