[Zope] problem with Zope and IE and ReportLab

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:26:06 +0100

Jerome Alet <alet@unice.fr> wrote

Hi Jerome,

> [...]
> --- CUT ---
> <dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', 'application/pdf')">
> <dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Disposition', 'attachment;
> filename=rapport.pdf')">
> <dtml-var rpdf>
> --- CUT ---

> When viewed in Netscape 4.76 under Linux, all works fine, and a dialog box
> opens, asking me to save the PDF file as "rapport.pdf", or if I've got
> acroread installed as a plugin on the machine, automatically launches it
> and all is fine and works flawlessly.

Hmm, IIRC the Content-Disposition should force a download dialog,
i.e. disable automatic launching of attachments - that is at least the
way I always use it.

> When viewed under Internet Explorer 5.0 under Windows NT 4 (sp5), the
> dialog box opens but IE tells me it can't download the file.

Have you tried the same without this header?

At least I can tell you that I have used reportlab to generate PDFs for
IE 5 successfully.

cheers,
oliver