[Zope] Worldpilot

Alastair Burt burt@dfki.de
14 Mar 2001 18:38:21 +0100

Takashi Veikko Linzbichler <takashi.linzbichler@smartferret.com> writes:

> * The site www.wrorldpilot.nl is not the official wp development site, but
> * as
>
> there is no other one by now the only one where you're able to download the
> lateset stable wp.

There is still

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/worldpilot/

which has code in CVS.  However, for some inexplicable reason, the last
released version is not in the "Files" section.

> * theres a mailing-list that's quite populated:
>
> 	worldpilot-users@lists.sourceforge.net

and is archived in

   http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/4897/0/

> * wp does not work ((at least not well) with Zope > 2.1.6

I got the code from the CVS to work with the Zope 2.3.0 and, eventually, to
synch with my Palm.  I had to make a few patches but I think I have
described them all somewhere on sourceforge.

> BTW: Check out GUD, looks good ! :-)

Yes, it would be good if someday you could combine the functionality of
WorldPilot, GUD, Squishdot and the Content Management Framework.  This
would give you an "Intranet-in-a-box" --- just add firm logo and stir.

--- Alastair