[Zope] XML Parsed for all platforms?

Karl Anderson karl@digicool.com
14 Mar 2001 13:07:08 -0800

Martijn Pieters <mj@digicool.com> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 11:42:21AM +0100, Zanotti Michele wrote:
> > I see that XMLParsed 0.1 b3 is only for generic Unix-like platform, while
> > 0.1 b1 and b2 are for all platforms. Do you know if XMLParsed developers
> > want to abandon Win platform?
>
> Actually, that may be a mistake; b3 is also ment for all platforms, but I
> know that karl hasn't yet managed to get a Windows development environment
> running for him to compile a Win32 version.
>
> We will certainly not abandon the Windows platform; if anyone can assist
> us with compilation of the Product on the Windows platform however, I am
> sure it would help matters :)

The thing that a win32 version of ParsedXML needs is a compile of
PyExpat (which is included in the distribution).  People have reported
problems with the doing that, and we haven't been able to give it a
good look yet.

If anyone has gotten PyExpat to compile, we could have a win32 binary
release.  The version that we're using is just a CVS checkout;
eventually we hope to use the release.

We don't plan on abandoning windows, but without a windows PyExpat our
plan is to look at windows after we've released the unix version.

--
Karl Anderson                          karl@digicool.com