[Zope] Re: [Zope-Annce] ANNOUNCE: Zope 2.3.1 beta 2 released

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@mail2.phd.pp.ru>
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 19:41:44 +0300 (MSK)

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Chris McDonough wrote:
> >    Well, I ran Find Objects. 365 objects found. I performed few test
> > searches. Almost all goes weel, with one bug.
> >    I can search "python" and "python*". I can search with russian letters
> > (I repatched Splitter.c to be locale-aware). But I can't serach russian
> > text with *
>
> Hmmm.  Can you provide a pointer to the patched splitter.c source?  How do
> we test this?

   I put the patch to the Collector and someone from DC (I think it was
Brian Lloyd) promised to put it into CVS in next version. Well, it's not in
2.3.1b2. I cannot find it in the Collector - I got "Principia Unavailable"
on the page
http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector/bugsAndFeatures/Classification/Bug/tableBrowse
(did you upgraded to beta2? :) and I cannot search, because Collector asks
issue id. I don't know id.

   The patch is perfectly simple and cannot destroy searching, I beleive.
This is for Splitter.c; I am providing here simple patch, not a context
diff to make it simpler for eyes; in the Collector it is in diff -c
format:

228c228
< 	  while (isspace(*here) && (here < end)) here++;
---
> 	  while (isspace((unsigned char)*here) && (here < end)) here++;
232c232
<       c=tolower(*here);
---
>       c=tolower((unsigned char)*here);