[Zope] Re: [Zope-Annce] ANNOUNCE: Zope 2.3.1 beta 2 released

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 13:09:45 -0500

> On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Chris McDonough wrote:
> > This still doesn't help us figure out why the searching of russian
> > characters, however, didn't work even after you applied the patch,
correct?

>    I applied the patch and the upgraded Catalog. BTW, I forget to
mention -
> I run Zope on Python 2.0. Can it cause this problem?

I'm not sure.  Might it have something to do with Unicode stuff?  I have no
experience whatsoever with alternate charactersets.  Do you think you can
try it under 1.5.2?

> > Maybe you can provide a patch to the unit testing stuff that
demonstrates
> > the failure?  Or a simple demonstration that we can turn into a unit
test?

>    Where are unit tests?

In the "lib/python/SearchIndex/tests directory and the
"lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/tests" directory of 2.3.1b2+.