[Zope] <dtml-tree> and ZCatalog

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:54:06 +0100 (CET)

Joel Burton writes:
 > > There is a HowTo on advanced "dtml-tree" usage on zope.org.
 >
 > Thanks, Dieter, but, sad to say, I've already *read* that,
 > and I still can't quite figure out how to do this.
Maybe you read the "dtml-tree" section in

  URL:http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html

You will need "branches_expr". Its value is evaluated in the
context of the parent to determine the list of children.
To control the level, you are probably interested in
"tree-level". You will need appropriate Z SQL methods
that you call in "branches_expr" with explicit parameter passing.

Should you need more help (of course, after you read the section),
then let me know.

When you solved the problem (if necessary with my help), then
I hope, you will write a HowTo. I saw several questions along
these lines in the mailing list. Up to now, I was convinced,
it were covered in the available HowTo.
If it is not, a further one should be written.

Dieter