[Zope] Upgrading 2.0 to 2.3

Flynt rhess@bic.ch
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 15:46:24 +0100

Albert Kinderman wrote:

> I have a site running on 2.0.1.  I would like to upgrade to 2.3.x.  I
> have searched for a how-to on upgrading, but I can't find it.  I have
> not been reading the list closely lately, but I did see a comment about
> exporting products from the old installation and then importing them to
> the new installation.  Is there anything that has to be done with
> Data.fs?  Should I export the top level folders and objects and import
> them into the new installation as well?
>
> A pointer to a step by step guide would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Al

Hi Al

Have a look at the nice How-To of mcdonc:

http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/zopeinstall/ZOPE-INSTALL-HOWTO

Then also check the "Changes" and "History" Files for the new release
you are planing to use. Especially for the newest beta release:
http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.3.1b2/zope_231b2_release
you have to consider a separate procedure for any ZCatalog stuff, if you
want to take advantage of the new, better features (otherwise the old
behaviour is used). And if you want to use any release earlier than the
2.3.1beta2, don't forget to apply the hotfixes from 2001/02/23 and
2001/03/08.

Regards

Flynt