[Zope] newbie zope question -- stuck in quick-start page

Sundar Narasimhan sundar@ascent.com
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 10:55:52 -0500

Hi, I finally thought I had some time to play w/ zope, but it's
turning out to be more confusing than I thought.

The install/startup go smoothly (as the documentation says). Oh, I'm
running the stable version off of zope.org (not the dev. version) on
NT using the command line.

But when I click on the root folder, I don't see the tabs as the
documentation says I should. And no matter which node I click "under"
the root folder, I'm always led to what looks like the "zope quick
start" page. And quite obviously I'm still hunting for the add button
:)

Actually Root Folder/Control_Panel/Products/ZopeTutorial all behave
this way.. but when I click on Help "under" the last, I see a listing
of help documents.

So .. what's wrong? I did check some of the resources on zope.org, but
couldn't find anything relevant.

Zope looks great.. but I guess I'm having glitches right out of the
gate which probably should be in a FAQ someplace?