RV: [Long] Development in Zope (Was: Re: [Zope] data point on ease of learning Zope -- I give up.)

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 11:41:15 -0500

> Therefore, I'm converting it into what I think should become 1.0.0 which
> still has all the code in Python form on the filesystem, but the DTML
> is pulled "up" into the ZODB and the one big product has been refactored
> in four small products, for more Zope-level flexibility. It still sucks
> because you're constantly restarting Zope, but at least my webdesigner can
> hack around.
> </sidestep>

FYI - you should probably check out Shane Hathaway's Refresh
product:

http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/Refresh

...which largely or completely avoids the restart hassles. It will
likely become a part of Zope at some point.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909