[Zope] Re: newbie zope question -- stuck in quick-start page

Sundar Narasimhan sundar@ascent.com
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 16:14:07 -0500

Oh, I have created a new user with Manager role access, and even when
I login as that user, I can't seem to get rid of this quick-start page,
and get to see the tabbed root folder that appears in all the zope
docs.

I notice that http://host:8080/manage_workspace gets redirected to
http://host:8080/manage.. I guess there's no way to look into the
dtml/or code structure of zope except thru the mgmt. interface?
(i.e. without that it would appear that I'm just stuck -- since
there's quite obviously a bug in the default install that just keeps
looping back to the quick start guide no matter what I try).

The log file doesn't seem to indicate anything unusual (like errors
etc.).

Is this thing just broken?
ps. is there any documentation on where the content is generated from?
(I couldn't find where the quick start page is coming from, for
example).