[Zope] Re: newbie zope question -- stuck in quick-start page

Sundar Narasimhan sundar@ascent.com
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 18:36:24 -0500

I actually have now fixed the problem, and yes, Michel was right. It
turns out that the default IE on W2K (5.0.x) and IE 5.0, and IE 5.01 on WNT
both suffer from this problem. Updating to 5.5 was necessary to fix
it. (It's pretty annoying tho' since I wonder how many people out
there are still running 5.0 and 5.01).

Zope looks great! After messing w/ costly app servers and my disk
going to lunch grinding away on .jsp files :), I'm impressed w/ the
speed -- I'd written a template processing thingie using mod_perl on
Apache, so I can appreciate the work this must have taken. Hats off to
you folks!

Thanks a bunch.

ps. please write some good documentation on the internals -- for those
of us who are knowledgeable about "other" solutions, zope sure seems
impenetrable and mysterious.. (I'm sure the scales will fall from eyes
as I work/play w/ it more).