[Zope] ZCatalog update question

Marc Fischer marcbpc@gmx.de
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:04:30 +0100

Hi,

I created a news Z class with some attributes, hoping to find them in the
Zcatalog. The news-class is Catalog aware, and if i create some new
instances of news they automaticaly appear in the catalog! So far, so well.
(Btw, I am using Zope 2.3.0).

Ok, the new news appears in the catalog tab of my catalog. But if I click on
this item in the catalog tab, i have to remark, that it has not been indexed
yet!!! There are no value entries behind the keys. That's the reason why i
am not able to find some news in my search at once. First I have to go in
the Advanced tab and update the catalog. After that the news are indexed and
all works fine.

Perhabs someone could help me? Is it possibly a bug in 2.3.0 ???

Thank you,

Marc