[Zope] Hmm weird!

Antonio Costa anjc@fct.unl.pt
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:15:50 +0000

--------------5ABC331F09E90FBB30E4F2C6

Tino Wildenhain wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> try <a href="<dtml-var absulute_url>">Click here to refresh</a>
>
> :-)
>
> Regards
> Tino
>
> PS: Browsers do not know which object is a folder and which is not.
> If you ommit the / the browser thinks of the last / as beeing the
> folder.
> Zope does not care for traling / to find the right object.
>
> Phil Harris wrote:
> >
> > Sorry for the obtuse subject but, let's see if I can explain, and let's see
> > if other people are seeing this:
> >
> > I've got this DTML page:

> > <h2><dtml-var title_or_id></h2>
> >
> > OK looks fine, but the interesting bit is the anchor at the bottom.
> >
> > Depending on the URL typed into the browser address bar I get different
> > results (but I think they should be the same results).
> >
> > If I put http://localhost:12380/test I get this result:

> > <h2>index_html</h2>
> >
> > Notice the address in the anchor it looks ok, but
> >
> > If I put http://localhost:12380/test/ into the address bar I get:

> > <h2>index_html</h2>
> >
> > Which I have to admit looks identical, *BUT* the anchor takes you to
> > different addresses.
> >
> > The first one takes you to the index_html in the root, the second one takes
> > you to the index_html in the test folder as it should.

When you use
http://localhost:12380/test
the method called is referred to the root because of the position of the
last /.

It is coerrected if you call it with
http://localhost:12380/test/

The method zope calls is related to the last object with /, on the URL.
You can notice the object to the left of the last / has changed.

I can't explain it better but this is how it works.

> > If anyone can understand what I'm going on about and if then any of you have
> > any ideas, *please* let me know.
> >
> > I'm not sure if this is a Zope problem (I don't really see how it could be
> > since the address is the same), or if it's a browser problem.  However I'm
> > dead confused here.
> >
> > I can't publish the real address for you top verify this, your going to have
> > to believe me or test it yourself.
> >
> > tia
> >
> > Phil
> > phil.harris@zweb.co.uk

     http://accosta.planetaclix.pt
     http://students.fct.unl.pt/~anjc

PT is Portugal

                       #######
                       #  #  #
                       #" #" #
 Linux                ##vvvvv##
 Rules!              ##  vvv  ##
                    #          ##
                   ##           ##
                   ###          ###
                 +++#####       ##++
                ++++++#       #++++++
                +++++++#     #+++++++
                  +++++#######+++++
                    +++       +++

"Perfection is achieved,
 not when there's nothing else to add,
 but when there's nothing else to take away."
--------------5ABC331F09E90FBB30E4F2C6

begin:vcard
n:Costa;Antonio
tel;cell:+351933302511
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/1831
org:Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia;SI
version:2.1
email;internet:anjc@fct.unl.pt
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Antonio Costa