[Zope] Re: [Zope-Annce] Localized DateTime classes

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 21:25:40 +0100

Hi Oleg,

Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> > the point IMHO is, the locales setting applies to the server system,
> > where it is serving pages for a client system and its settings.
> > E.g. I would not expect russian date in a italian document...
>
>    But of course! And because of this I would do entire site in one
> langauge and one locale. The problem with Zope is that it's multithreaded,
> and can't switch locales on the fly :(

sure it can :) We "only" need to replace all the locale aware methods
with language-negotiation aware methods. Additionally there is a need
for local override of this, meaning if one wants to mix variuos
languages
in one page, it should be possible to give an extra attribute to an
equivalent of the <dtml-var> tag or something like that.

I'll make a proposal later this week as time allows

Regards
Tino