[Zope] RE: Zope on HP-UX?

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
20 Mar 2001 22:32:25 -0700

On 20 Mar 2001 15:21:17 -0600, Farrell, Troy wrote:
> I hate eraser mice!!! I'm sorry for sending the message before I'm finished.
> I will have to try Zope before deployment, but I was wondering if anyone has
> any pointers?

Yes. make sure that the _entire_ DCE package suite is installed.  search
the archives, it has been there.

In a nutshell:
o in swinstall, select the option that says to overwrite packages.
o load up the proper CD (it comes with the machine, or it should)
o select ALL the DCE (distributed computing environment) packages for
install
o build python with thread support
build and run zope.

It can be hairy, I am told, but I haven't worked through those, so if
the baove doesn't work, I'm out of words of wisdom.

Bill