[Zope] Sendmail part 2: Now I get a space seperator error

Steve Smith ssmith6@bigpond.net.au
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 23:43:51 +1100

No, it's just there for clarity. The "To: ..." line is directly below the
sendmail (or "pre") tag in the dtml, and also display without a space in the
output screen.

Mystifying?

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Spicklemire [mailto:steve@spvi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 11:01 PM
To: ssmith6@bigpond.net.au
Cc: zope@zope.org; steve@spvi.com
Subject: Re: [Zope] Sendmail part 2: Now I get a space seperator error

Hi Steve,

> I tried replacing sendmail tags with "pre" tags, and this is the resultant
> screen output:

Is the space below QUOTE real? If so.. it's a problem.. there should be
no space between your sendmail tag and the lines of your mail header.

> QUOTE
>
> To: ssmith6@bigpond.net.au
> From: OzRailfan@bigpond.net.au
> Subject: OzRailfan report
>
> Original report submitted by Paul Michael Sherman
> at 2001/03/21 22:09:58.973 GMT+10:
>
> test report
>
> UNQUOTE
>
> But when I revert to the sendmail tags, I get the space seperator error
> again. The screen output looks fine to me. I'm exasperated, exhausted, and
> frustrated!

Hmm.. everything else looks OK. The error you're seeing is coming
from your SMTP server, not Zope, and it has something to do with
the data you're sending....  you're doing the right things though
simplify the message until it doesn't break.. then see what the last
thing you took out was... and then bang your head on the table. ;-)

take care,
-steve