[Zope] Upgrade python product from Zope2.1.6 to Zope2.3.0 problem

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:33:14 -0500

Petr Knapek wrote:

>     SH> I'm surprised that didn't work.  Your properties.dtml starts out
>     SH> with <dtml-var manage_tabs>, right?
>
> Yes, you are right.  After commenting it I am able to add my modified
> LDAPAdapter product.  Is there any documentation how manage_tabs are now
> working in 2.3.0 Zope version?

They work as before, it's just that the HTMLFile/DTMLFile differences
have caused more grief than expected.

> In other pthon products I can see that in dtml file which is used for
> adding of product instance there is no <dtml-var manage_tabs>.  I can
> see it in others only.  Is there any constraint for using of
> manage_tabs?

Normally it is used only in the object modification screens, not the add
forms nor the screens seen by site visitors.  This isn't a rule, just a
custom.

Shane