[Zope] Re: Howto debug (Re: PostgreSQL Problem)

Siggy Brentrup bsb@winnegan.de
21 Mar 2001 16:58:51 +0100

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

> On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Steve Spicklemire wrote:
>
> > you might also try just:
> >
> > <dtml-var MenuItem>

<dtml-var menuitem>

> Thanks for your hints.  I tried both (i.Menuitem, MenuItem and also
> i.MenuItem).  The usage of
>    <dtml-var Menuitem>
> seemed me the best because this is the exact spelling when I use
> the database connection query test.  The column was just named Menuitem
> regardingless the fact that it is spelled MenuItem in the SQL statement
> (OK, column names in PostgreSQL are case insensitive - why should they
> be in Zope??).  Moreover there was no table prefix in the test-output.

Enter the exact query in psql and you'll see PostgreSQL's idea of
column names. They are lowercase only unless enclosed in double quotes
as in

  select count(*) as "Anzahl" ...

> I wonder if there is an internal object which contains all valid
> column names I could query.

AFAIK, you can't get at it from DTML.

> One more idea:  If I test the query I have to go through an extra screen
> where I have to commit that "This query requires no input."  Could this
> cause any problem?

No, this is the parameter entry screen, with a parameterless query
it requires no input.

Use lower-case only
  Siggy

--