[Zope] dtml-with string->[Your string is not getting evaluated]

karthick ramanarayanan ark@snapper.no
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:37:24 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
 I dont think that your technique of providing a string in the dtml-with
tag will ever materialise.
Dieter had earlier written a mail in the mailing list,saying that you
can't use strings with the dtml-with tag.He had hinted at a usage of
restricted traverse giving the path as an argument.
The problem obviously is happening with your call,
PARENTS[0].location.place which is not getting evaluated to the correct
value.
PARENTS[0] should evaluate to the current folder,and as your argument to
dtml-with happens to be a string,the key is taken to be,
PARENTS[0].location.place without evaluation.
I am not sure about this as I am not able to test it now,
but if you have a _.eval benefit in dtml-with,then try evaluating
the string,and then do a dtml-with or else you have to resort to python
power to accomplish your task.
Bye,
A.R.K