[Zope] [Announce] Squishdot 1.0.0 Released

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:52:21 +0000

Squishdot 1.0.0 is now available from
http://www.zope.org/Members/chrisw/Squishdot/

The following major changes were made:

   - HTML postings are parsed to remove harmful tags. Unclosed tags are
     closed.

   - Made Squishdot work with TinyTable or TinyTablePlus. Also made
     Tinytables work in 2.3.0.

   - Reimplemented email notifications. No HTML mail is now sent.
     HTML in postings is converted to text before being mailed out.

   - Fixed KeyError problem with Re-Catalog All Postings button.

   - Fixed a design problem with threading.

   - Added Updaters to handle fixing old Squish Site instances.

There many other small changes and improvements. For details, see:
http://squishdot.org/Documentation/Changes

This will be the last release of Squishdot to include new features.
>From now on, bugs will be fixed but development work will switch to Swishdot.

If you run into problems, remember Squishdot has a mailing list at eGroups and a
bug collector on SourceForge.

cheers,

Chris

PS: Thanks to all those who've helped out over the last year or two. It's been
fun even if time has been a little stretched. I'm looking forward to playing
with the CMF while developing Swishdot and I hope you all enjoy the results :-)