[Zope] query

Foresight Systems Ltd. foresite@giasdl01.vsnl.net.in
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 17:18:41 +0100

Dear Sir,

We are trying to install and configure mysql version .23.32 on Linux Red

Hat 7.
Usinf the configure option
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --localstatedir=/usr/local/mysql/data
--with-unix-socket-path=/usr.local/mysql/tmp/mysql.sock
the make and make install.
we have tried several variations of the configure options.
no error is shown during compilation and installation.
On executing mysql from root
there is an error
sayin Can't connect to local MySql server. through
var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.
We have tried with changed socket path in configure option giving the
above path.
But we do'nt find the sock file in any of the directory.
Plese help us to resolve this problem.
We have already installed apache and PHP4 in our system with success.

Akshaya