[Zope] (no subject)

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 06:49:34 -0500 (EST)

Hi Patrick,

My point was that Zope can't tell the difference. If your
username/password are defined way down deep.. Zope can't find it to
check... so if you're not defined at the root level.. you're anonymous
until you traverse (i.e., cd) to an area where Zope can check your
credentials. At that point you either check out..  or you don't. If
there are 15 users with a username 'joe', but in different branches,
there is no problem, but each 'joe' will only get correctly
authenticated as something other than anonymous in the branch where
his password matches the 'joe' user for that branch.

-steve