[Zope] copying Data.fs

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 07:17:45 +0100

Hi Donald,

Donald Braman wrote:

> I'm trying to move a site from Linux to Win2000. Zope is installed and
> running on both. I shut down both zope servers. I copy the Data.fs file. I
> start up the Win2000 Zope server. It give me an error. Are there special
> tricks involved here? I haven't found documentation on platform
> migration...is there any?

I'm regulary copying Data.fs between Linux and Win98/NT.
There is no magic involved in this beside you need identical
installations in respect of installed products and such.
The python version schould also be identical.

If you tell us what "an error" in your particular case means,
we could help you better.

Regards
Tino