[Zope] Zope based Authentication.

Mohan Baro mcbaro@uwimona.edu.jm
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 18:43:12 -0500

Thanks Tony and Dieter for replying.

Zope is a great product.
ZPatterns and LoginManager are great products too. I use ZPatterns and
LoginManager.

Thanks to http://www.zope.org/Members/BwanaZulia/zpatterns_install and other
links

Basic applicatiuon development require a lot of knowledge to setup. This
will deter people from switching to zope from other platforms(for instance
from PHP to zope). They also have access to free products and plugins from
their user community.

In order to develop PHP applications newbies just have to learn PHP
programming.
In Zope we have to learn Zope + Python + DTML + external methods to fully
appriciate an application like ZPatterns and LoginManager.

In oder to show that Zope means business when come to solid application
development, certain thing must be built-in into Zope. One of them is form
based login/logout system instead of HTTP authentication.

I am new to zope but you have to understand that a lot of people are new to
zope (and have a steep learning curve).

Hope more people reply.

Thank you.

Mohan.