[Zope] Modifying Default index_html

Tim Cook tim@freepm.org
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 20:37:41 -0600

"Ronald L. Chichester" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to modify the default index_html?  Do I need to do
> it from the source?

Hi Ron,

The mention of this a couple of times the past two days brings me
to ask this.
Why not a ZClass?

By creating a ZClass that subclasses DTML Document (or Folder if
you need a container) you have a lot of flexibility. You can
define a default index_html, you can define a propertysheet, you
get to name the meta type and you can define methods specific to
that class. These all give you total flexibility in sorting and
presentation.

So what am I missing? Why don't more people use ZClasses?

--
Tim Cook, President - FreePM,Inc.
http://www.FreePM.com Office: (901) 884-4126