[Zope] [OT] EMACS, FTP & Firewalls

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 14:28:09 +0100

Karl Anderson wrote:

> > Anyone know how I do that with ange-ftp in EMACS?
>
> ...where pftp is passive ftp from the start, same as ftp -p, came with
> my ftp distribution.

The problem is that WinNT's command line FTP doesn't support passive mode :-(
Anyone know where I can get a replacement? (no, I'm not installing Linux ;-)

Anyway, while we're totally OT, how do you stop EMACS creating backups when you
save files?
When this happens in Zope (say editing a python script) you end up with
mypythonscript~ (a python script object) and mypythonscript (a dtml document)
which is less useful than it could be ;-)

Climbing back vaguely on topic, how would I go about making Zope create python
scripts when it gets a PUT of type text/python or whatever? Also, is there any
reason why DTML Documents are created by default? DTML Methods woudl be a better
default choice, IMHO.

cheers,

Chris