[Zope] Modifying Default index_html

Russell Hires rhires@earthlink.net
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 10:44:41 -0500

> So what am I missing? Why don't more people use ZClasses?
>
> --

I think because Zope is still "foreign" in the sense that, while it works
like standard html, it really isn't. I'm still having tons of trouble
getting away from the procedural aspects of html/php/general programming
when dealing with Zope. It has procedural elements, but so much of Zope is
Object Oriented...besides, when dealing with the issue here at hand, you
would think it would "easy" to make a simple change like this. With standard
html, you can. Maybe because html and such isn't an environment, whereas,
that's exactly what Zope is. I would expect changing index_html to be the
equivalent of moving a piece of paper, rather than moving a chair, or a
couch.

Russell
  _its_ (no apostrophe) means "the thing that it owns"
  _it's_ (with apostrophe) means "it is"