[Zope] Running Zope with apache - login not possible

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
26 Mar 2001 14:04:06 +0200

On 26 Mar 2001 15:01:47 +0200, Takashi Veikko Linzbichler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gitte Wange wrote:
> >
> > On 26 Mar 2001 13:26:51 +0100, Mayers, Philip J wrote:
> >
> > > 1) Do you have this in your Apache config (or something like it):
> > >
> > >     RewriteEngine on
> > >     RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.*)
> > >     RewriteRule ^/Zope(.*) /home/httpd/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi$1
> > > [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
> >
> > Yes this is entered in a <VirtualHost> directiv in my httpd.conf
>
> [...]
> >
> > Anyone else how can help ?
>
> If you still have ZServer listening on port 8080 (it normally is, if not
> disabled by -w , as I've learned just a few days ago :-) ), you could
> try to reach your management I/F directly on this port. At least you can
> determine, wether the error is on the Zope side or with your Apache
> setup.

Okay this was very interesting:
When I tried to enter http://<my.ipnumber>:8080/manage, I got an error
saying that the connection was refused by the server either because the
server was busy (whick I know it isn't) or becuase the server may not be
accepting connections.

I guess it's a zope problem - any who can help ?

Regards, Gitte

> If that works, I could send you my rewrite rules, if you'd need them.
>
> mailx,
>       ta

> smartferret it-consulting Dipl.-Ing. Linzbichler KEG
>
> Dipl.-Ing. Takashi Veikko Linzbichler
> Tannhofweg 28/3
> A-8044 Graz, Austria
>
> Tel.:   0316 / 39 89 40 -0