[Zope] Some ideas about the future of Zope products...

Tim Cook tim@freepm.org
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:43:08 -0600

Philippe Jadin wrote:

> "What seems to be a pain when creating a product is the fact that you need
> to provide your own User Interface. Why do I need to create a specific UI to
> let the user update the title of my product? And if I want to have my user
> edit the title trough ftp? Webdav? Do I have to take care of this as well?
> We should easily agree that UI is not a part of the product, but a part of
> Zope."

I only read the extract, but...
I disagree. If you are delivering content via Zope then you sort
of have a point. Isn't that what the CMF is supposed to do?  When
writing an application, I 'want' to build my own UI. It should
definitely not be part of the core to a point where I have to use
it.

--
Tim Cook, President - FreePM,Inc.
http://www.FreePM.com Office: (901) 884-4126