[Zope] PostgreSQL, INSERT and new OID

Jeremy Cowgar jcowgar@bhsys.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 04:39:16 -0500

Hello.

I am just learning Zope. I have a few projects that I created using
Apache and FastCGI, but Zope has caught my eye.

In learning Zope, I came across a stumbling block, and that is how
to retrieve the OID that an INSERT query will create when using
Postgre.

In previous projects, when a new record (let's say a contact) was
created, if the INSERT was successful, the user was automatically
refreshed to the newly created record. (If not, an error was displayed).

I can not figure out how to get the OID that is returned by issuing
a INSERT SQL statement.

Can anyone help me out with this one?

Thanks!

Jeremy - jeremy@cowgar.com