[Zope] Setting up a new site in Zope

sam gendler sgendler@akamai.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:55:12 -0800

Just stick a dummy entry for the domain in your hosts file.  In *nix, it is
/etc/hosts (the format should be self explanatory).  There is an equivalent
file in windows, but I can no longer remember if it is <system dir>/hosts
or <system dir>/hosts.txt.  I am sure someone will chime in.  That should
be enough to confuse your dns on the local machine to get it to work.  Line
format is as follows:

127.0.0.1  dev.mmmanager.org  dev  # now you can use just dev as a shortcut

You would need this in order to test your code, anyway, since you will have
to give the correct hostname to your browser in order to view the site
correctly.

--sam