[Zope] PHP as a scripting language for Zope

A.J. Rossini rossini@u.washington.edu
27 Mar 2001 08:34:33 -0800

    LR> And while we are at it, why not evaluate the possibility of
    LR> integrating JavaScript and VBscript? Maybe we should have a
    LR> poll: Which language would you like to see in Zope after
    LR> Python and Perl?

And why not Fortran or Cobol while we are at it.

SERIOUSLY.  There are many more important things that need to be done
first, as have been discussed recently (documentation, product
completion, XSLT finished, etc), than adding yet another interface to
an "incomplete" system.   I like Zope, it makes the critical tasks I
need in a WebApp Server trivial, but really!

However, it's all open source, I'm sure someone has free time or the
money to remove free time from someone... :-).

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
UW Biostat/Center for AIDS Research	rossini@u.washington.edu