[Zope] PHP as a scripting language for Zope

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
27 Mar 2001 18:45:38 +0200

On 27 Mar 2001 09:28:02 -0800, Andy McKay wrote:
> > I wearing my marketing hat as I write this. I love Python, and would not
> > profit immediately from either Perl or PHP support within Zope. But it
> > is pretty clear to me that this would make our platform even stronger.
>
> Sure it would, but I think there are more important things than adding the
> kitchen sink into Zope.
>
> Cheers.
> --
>   Andy McKay.

Well I am making this really complex mediastreaming system, and thought
that Zope could help me with my problems about user privileges. So I
thought:
I'll make the application in PHP and then I just run the scripts through
Zope. Then my application will be very strong, and I won't have to make
my own apllication for handling users.
Guess I was very very wrong.

I has taken me all day to set up Zope with MySQL and it is still not
working.
Then I tried to run some PHP scripts in Zope - but no. That isn't
possible.

Maybe it takes some time to add PHP scripts to python. But then Zope
will really become serious

Regards,

--
Gitte Wange Jensen