[Zope] How-To: Building Zope and Python on Mac OS X

tom smith tom@othermedia.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:46:53 +0100

hi,

I'm fairly new to unix so please bear with me.

I installed python on a UFS volume. When at the CLI I try...

/Volumes/unix/Python/python

python2  comes up fine. However, when I try and run the wo_pcgi.py
script as mentioned in the How-To, nothing seems to happen. When I try
to run zope...like this...

/Volumes/unix/Python/python z2.py

The same thing, I'm just returned to the prompt. (Unusual things do seem
to be happening to permissions when Classic and OSX are involved with
the same directories)

have I missed something else? So close...

cheers

tom
p.s With help...I did manage to get zope on MacOS Public going, so
there's hope
p.p.s Has anybody connected zope to FrontBase or OpenBase yet?