[Zope] Folder problem..

Samuel D. Gendler sgendler@akamai.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:25:41 -0800

Laurie Nason wrote:

> Hi y'all,
> I have a small problem with the URL that is created by zope - I don't know
> if it will cause a problem or not.
> OK
> I have my root folder which holds the standard header and then a sub folder
> that holds the html docs.
> When I click in the header on the html docs I want I use 'htmldocs/docname'
> in the html - It works fine and gives me the page that I want, however if I
> click on the same link again it will give me 'htmldocs/htmldocs/docname' and
> each time I click on it it adds in another htmldocs for me.
> Any ideas how to get around this?
> Thanks Laurie

If a link in html does not start with a '/' character, your browser
assumes it is a relative URL to the current document.  When building the
new URL, it strips off the last element (the document), and then applies
the new relative path from the current directory.  In your case it sees
htmldocs/docname as the current path/file.  It removes docname, and then
applies the new relative URL to htmldocs, so you get
htmldocs/htmldocs/docname.

You can either put a link to 'docname' in the document that is
referenced by htmldocs/docname, or else you can put a slash in front of
htmldocs.  Either will work.

--sam