[Zope] writing dtml on zope.org

Philippe Jadin philippe.jadin@123piano.com
Tue, 1 May 2001 10:08:13 +0200

> It gradually aquired a collaboration side with the fishbowl.
>
> Now I feel that zope.org's primary purposes are collaboration and
> education. The tryout feature has been largely surpassed by the free and
> for fee zope hosting that is availiable.

Let me add some side comment about the zope site.

Imho, the way content is "sorted" on the zope.org site is not "perfect".

What does a newbie when he search for information? He goes to the doc area,
the howto area, etc...

Noone (including zope experts) will think : "haha,  I need information about
this, and I know Philippe Jadin have this information, I'll go to his member
page".

My conclusions? Zope.org should not be author-oriented, but
content-oriented. This would make it lot easier to find information. I hope
we (members) could be humble enough to add content to "purpose" pages,
instead of our own page.

I don't see zope.org as an hosting for member pages (I have my personnal
site for this), but as a site with a complete, member-contributed
documentation. All members efforts should not be put in *their* own personal
homepage, but on the commonly available documentation.

This does'nt prevent putting our name on each of our contributions of
course;-)

In this perspective, I see no use for dtml in pages beside as a learning
tool.

My $0.02

Philippe Jadin