[Zope] Best way to set up a Product with multiple classes?

Wed, 2 May 2001 07:47:04 +0200

you have to override the

def all_meta_types(self):

method of OFS/ObjectManager
in your product
this method returns the allowed meta_types for subobjects

cu

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Wilbert" <mwilbert@alum.mit.edu>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 3:21 AM
Subject: [Zope] Best way to set up a Product with multiple classes?

I want to create a Product which allows creation of an container object
which has a number of subobjects and sub-subobjects which can be separately
instantiated within it.  The subobjects should only be able to be created in
the
appropriate container object defined within the Product.

I know how to do this (or something adequately similar, anyway) with
ZClasses within a Product, but I don't understand how to do this with Python
classes in a Python product.

If the answer to that is too easy, I have a second question.
Can I make a such a subobject be permitted in a finite number of containter
types, so for instance a FloweringPlant could be added to a Garden or a
Florist but
not to any other container type?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Matt Wilbert