[Zope] Re [Zope]: Punished for upgrading to 2.3.2: ZPatterns broke

Itai Tavor itai@optusnet.com.au
Wed, 2 May 2001 19:39:14 +1000

Itai Tavor (me) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I shut down a Zope instance using Zope 2.3.1, and started it again
>with 2.3.2. When I tried to access objects on a rack, I got an
>AttributeError: _setRack. I went back to 2.3.1, but I still get the
>same error.
>
>Ok, I can take a hint. Somebody doesn't want me to use Zope 2.3.2.
>All right, I won't. But my project is still hosed. So now I got to
>restore a backup and lose a day's work.
>
>Is anyone else aware of upgrde problems with ZPatterns?
>
>Itai

Ok, there seems to be something very wrong with ZPatterns in 2.3.2.
I've recreated all the Racks from scratch, got them to work, filled
them with data. Then I restarted Zope, and the _setRack problem
returned. Just to keep it interesting, though, it happens with just 2
out of 4 racks in this application.

At the moment, any work I do on this project is a waste of time.
Someone please tell me what's going on here.

TIA

Itai
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itai@optusnet.com.au            --               - Kermit the Frog --
-- 'Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?' --
-- 'Supposing it didn't,' said Pooh after careful thought.         --