[Zope] Passing the value of a checkbox from a form to a dtml- method

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Tue, 1 May 2001 21:09:48 +0200

On Tuesday 01 May 2001 15:19, Max M=F8ller Rasmussen wrote:
> > From: Gitte Wange [mailto:gitte@mmmanager.org]
> >
> > value of the checkbox isn't passed along to the receiving method.
> > The checkbox code looks like this:
> > <INPUT TYPE=3D"checkbox" NAME=3D"isPublic">
>
> Perhaps you have forgotten the value it should have when checked?
>
> <INPUT TYPE=3D"checkbox" NAME=3D"isPublic:int" value=3D"1">
>
> Furthermore if a checkbox isn't checked, no value will be send at all.
>
> Maybe it would be simpler to use a select? Then you will allways get a
> value.
>
> <input type=3Dselect name=3DisPublic:int>
>     <option value=3D1>Public<option>
>     <option value=3D0>Hidden<option>
> </input>
>
> regards Max M

Okay I have figured out that if a checkbox isn't marked, then no value wi=
ll=20
be sent. But when i tried this, the checkbox WAS checked ....

I could see in the URL string that it doesn't pass the value ... i have o=
ther=20
text fields in the form, e.g. name, and this one is passed like this:
<URL>/index_html?name=3Dfgbfgf&something=3Ddjfbjsgb ... but isPublic does=
n't show=20
up here ... not even without a value !!!

Regards,

--=20
Gitte Wange Jensen

System Squid Developer