[Zope] Calling dtml method from PythonScript, _.None, _ ?

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Wed, 2 May 2001 09:39:53 -0400

I'm trying to eliminate query strings on my DHTML methods, to convert

http://myhost.com/Products?productid=xyz

into

http://myhost.com/ProcessPath/xyz/ProductInfo.htm

I've created a Python Script (2.3.2) that looks like this:

---
target = traverse_subpath[-1]
if target == 'ProductInfo.htm':
    container.Products(context,productid=traverse_subpath[0])

---

Also other variations of the function call, none work.

basically I'm getting a KeyError in <standard_html_header> (called from Products) on
'bgcolor'

where standard_html_header has

<dtml-unless bgcolor>
</dtml-unless>

This code works when not passing through a Python Script call. What is the correct way
to emulate a <dtml-var> call from a Python Script?

Any idea why the dtml-unless fails when called indirectly through a python script?

---

I know about the PathHandler product, but that doesn't quite fit my needs, my Python
Script will be more complicated once I get this working.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements