[Zope] [Info] Sourceforge-like product for Zope?

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Wed, 2 May 2001 16:49:17 +0200

I think I have answered this question two days ago or so ;-)

> Anyway, I basically need my own "SourceForge", a collaborative system for
> open source hardware and software development. I've thought about using
> the SourceForge code itself, but I don't know Perl. I know I could start
> to build something similar with some Zope products, but don't really know
how
> to go about it.

> Is there a product or two for Zope that would give me the functionality I
> want? Do you have any other suggestions?

AFAIK there is nothing like sourceforge for Zope yet. But most of the stuff
is there already, just not integrated well:
- bugtrackers
- community portal tools (like Squishdot, CMF)
- user management ...

We at iuveno would like to see zope.org become something like sourceforge
(not only, but also ...), and we are working on some basic code for
groupware that could be used (see http://demo.iuveno-net.de). Anybody who
wants to support developing such a beast: feel free to tell us ;-)

Joachim