[Zope] Product Creation and Permission

Jason Joy kyroraz@usa.net
2 May 2001 11:14:02 MST

Hey there, I have a question regarding the use of permissions in Classes,=

regarding the creation of user-made Products for Zope.  =

The product that I have is made from 2 classes, which for this example I =
will
call classes A and B.  From the management screen of Class A after you cr=
eate
a instance of it in Zope, it shows a list from a external database of
instances of B.  B does not get into the Zope Database at all.  A's code =
has
been modified in the manage_menu system such that it can add and subtract=

instances of B from the external database.  It does this just fine.

When selecting a instance of B (let's call it C), from the management men=
u of
A, I keep getting asked to enter my password and can never get in, eventu=
ally
getting it to say that I don't have permission to manage it or view it.  =
tried adding:  =

        security =3D ClassSecurityInfo()
        security.declareObjectPublic()
        security.setDefaultAccess('allow')
        security.__allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__ =3D 1

=2E.. but it seemed to only grant me access to the index_html, bouncing m=
e down
to a lower level other than management.

I think the problem is that Zope doesn't see B very well and I need to te=
ll it
how to manage it.  Does anyone have any ideas how I can take this B objec=
t and
give it access privledges so that I can manage it?  I tried tinkering wit=
__ac_permissions__ but I got locked out even further, not even index_html=

would come up. :)

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Jason
  =