[Re: [Zope] Product Creation and Permission]

Jason Joy kyroraz@usa.net
2 May 2001 13:05:31 MST

> > The product that I have is made from 2 classes, which for this exampl=
e I
will
> > call classes A and B.  From the management screen of Class A after yo=
create
> > a instance of it in Zope, it shows a list from a external database of=

> > instances of B.  B does not get into the Zope Database at all.  A's c=
ode
has
> > been modified in the manage_menu system such that it can add and subt=
ract
> > instances of B from the external database.  It does this just fine.
> > =

> > When selecting a instance of B (let's call it C), from the management=
 menu
of
> > A, I keep getting asked to enter my password and can never get in,
eventually
> > getting it to say that I don't have permission to manage it or view i=
t. =

> > tried adding:
> > =

> >         security =3D ClassSecurityInfo()
> >         security.declareObjectPublic()
> >         security.setDefaultAccess('allow')
> >         security.__allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__ =3D 1
> > =

> [snip]
> =

> Your last line is close, add the class attribute:
> =

> __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__ =3D 1
> =

> to the class definition in A. This tells zope to allow access to
> subobjects TTW which is prohibited by default.

I assume you mean like this:

class A(
    OFS.ObjectManager.ObjectManager,
    OFS.PropertyManager.PropertyManager,
    Acquisition.Implicit,
    Persistent,
    AccessControl.Role.RoleManager,
    OFS.SimpleItem.Item,
    ):
    __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__ =3D 1

I also, just for paranoia sake, added it before Class A is defined as wel=
l as
Class B.  =

This is the result of this attempt:

Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource. =

Unauthorized

You are not authorized to access this resource.
Username and password are not correct. =

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.0/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 222, =
in
publish_module
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.0/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, =
in
publish
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.0/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 162, =
in
publish
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.0/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py, line 4=
60,
in traverse
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.0/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py, line =
589,
in unauthorized
Unauthorized: (see above)

Last time I checked, my login worked. :)

Jason

Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=3D=
1